|| | | | ||
UNC-TV presents Mrs. Hanes Cookies "Lighter Than Air"
Mrs. Hanes' Cookies have been reviewed by a number of magazines and newspapers across the country all of which provided us with some fabulous responses to our cookies. In the words of Mrs. Hanes: "We're not interested in being the biggest. We just want to be the best!" Obviously many people agree that we are “The Best!” Listed below are some of our recent and past honors.
Bakery News for 2010 & 2011.
· Tours: In 2010, over 7,000 people visited and took organized tours – another 15,000 people visited just to buy cookies.
· Our year started with: Dec/Jan issue 2010 of Country Woman Magazine and contributing editor Ann Kaiser staying 2 days at the bakery and doing an article on our cookies.
· Food TV Network/Travel Channel re-ran a show called Food Finds that was filmed in 2000 on our cookies. They also aired an episode of Roker on the Road that featured our cookies and was filmed 2004.
· WBTV, from Charlotte, N.C. Liz Horton, came in July, 2010 and did a wonderful segment, entitled “A Good News Story.”
· The December 2010, Southern Lady Magazine did an article on celebrating people, places and things from the south.
· The July 2010 issue of Our State Magazine listed us as one of the 100 foods you must eat in N.C. 100 counties.
· WFMY TV , Greensboro, N.N. featured us in December on their, Made in the Triad program.
· The TCT (Total Christian Television) came out and filmed during November for a show that will be aired in the future.
· WBTV, Charlotte, N.C. featured us 3 times during December on the A Carolina Camera Christmas TV special.
· In the December issue of O The Oprah Magazine – we were chosen by Oprah as one of her favorite things and given the double endorsement of her saying “It wouldn’t be Christmas if my pal Quincy Jones didn’t send me these cookies.”
· Taste of The South Magazine featured our cookies in the “Good Stuff” section of their Feb. & March 2011 issue.
Here are just a few of the many reviews:
"Mrs. Hanes Moravian Cookies are better than those made by all but the
most expert home bakers!" (Food & Wine July 1993)
-In 2000, Our Bakery was featured on the Food TV Network Program "FOOD FINDS". This episode has aired over 50 times.
-In November 2004 we were featured on "ROKER ON THE ROAD" as a "miniature marvel". This episode has been aired 30 times.
-We have also been featured in the following publications: Bon Appetit · Mid-Atlantic · Country Diversion · Naples Daily News · Eating Well · Southern Living · Food & Wine · St. Louis Dispatch · Houston Texas Chronicle · Taste Full Magazine · Life Magazine · Town and Country · Los Angeles Times · US News and World Report · Metropolitan Home · Woman's Day